1. comparing my iphone and my blackberry, i would estimate that typing on/using my iphone is about 20% slower
2. i am on my devices about ~130 min a day (2.2 hours) --> iphone costs me ~27 min of productivity a day
3. there are 25 million iphones in the world --> 11 million hours a day lost in total
6. the median income of iphone users is $15 an hour. (this is schwag, adults probably skew high, but lots of kids in the mix) --> $165 million dollars a day lost
7. there are 365 days in a year (because we all work all the time in our mobile enabled world) --> $60 billion dollars a year down the tube.
so - back of the envelope - the iphone costs the world half the market cap of apple every year (and growing)... or, if we assume a 7x revenue multiple, about $420b in value, which quickly would cover a few wars - if not a full on bailout.